Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Results Show: Week 1, Final 24

So Idol breaks out 60's Night for the dawgs right off the bat?? Does this decision do anyone any favors (including the viewer)? Thoughts: Chikeze Cheesy sort of resembles a chubby'd-up, Akon... David Cook seems to have toned down his bangs hue, tho he still can't hide his hairline recession... Robbie Carrico: wallet chain by Daughtry... I'm sorry, I think 28-29 years old is too old for Idol... Some of these guys seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Ellen... Eh, onto the girls!

The ladies all seemed to be suffering from the "flu bug"... or they just aren't very impressive. I caught the first hour, but with K-State v. Nebraska, Shaq making his PHX debut against the Lakers, and Miami upsetting Duke, I just had no desire to stick around for the second hour of milktoast performances on Idol. Thankfully, I have DVR, although I am still debating whether to watch it or not. Anyway...

Now is the time to cast your vote on who you think will get the boot! Pick your 2 guy and 2 girl contestants who you think will be x'd this week by Wednesday at 3:00 PM ET.

Click THIS POST's Comments and do it now.

10 Comments:

At February 20, 2008 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are my picks to go home:
Men (sort of): Danny Noriega, Jason Yeager
Women: Amy Davis, Joann Borgella

I am going to go ahead and pick my final 2: Kady Malloy (has work to do) and Jason Castro

 
At February 21, 2008 6:03 AM, Blogger MJ said...

My votes for leaving go to...

Chikezie
Jason Yeager

 
At February 21, 2008 6:04 AM, Blogger MJ said...

Sorry... for the girls leaving I will vote for

Kristy Cook
Amy Davis

 
At February 21, 2008 7:48 AM, Blogger Old Man Kirby said...

I am voting Luke "Perry" Menard and Jason "Chuck" Yeager off for the guys. And for the girls I am voting Joanne "Medissa" Borgella and Kristy "Kathy" Lee "Chili" Cook off.

 
At February 21, 2008 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the guys:
Jason Yaeger-meister
Luke Menard

For the girls:
Joanne Borgella
Amy Davis

I would enjoy seeing April Overmyer leave, but I won't pick her this week. Also, is she rocking a Predator head or what?

Michael Johns is this year's Ace Young.

 
At February 21, 2008 9:23 AM, Blogger KDogg said...

Did we start this early last year?
Ugh....As Mrs. Dodson said about the "Boys"..."It's not that I'm having trouble picking 2 to boot because they are so good, I'm having trouble because about 5 of them suck"...that's my wife....anyway..As far as the gals, the vast majority were mediocre, but 2 of them stood out for not even reaching that level...

Round of 24 down to 20:

Ken says later to:

Jason Yeager
Luke Retard
Joanne (you're no ManBeasta)
Brooke

Norma says later to:

David Hernandez
Chekeziburger
Joanne
Brooke

 
At February 21, 2008 10:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My picks:

Guys: Luke Menard & David Hernandez
Gals: Amy Davis & Kristy Lee Cook

 
At February 21, 2008 1:03 PM, Blogger Brett said...

7 seasons in and we finally get "mic technique" criticism! Anyway, one night our worlds will collide: Shaq Night on American Idol. First up, Brooke White gets lambasted for being too cocky on "(I Know I Got) Skillz." Then Kady Malloy is once again reminded to just be herself after she attempts Chip, Moc, Poc and Shaq's parts of "What's Up Doc?" Paula is reduced to tears after Syesha drops "Biological Didn't Bother," but is baffled by Chikezie's "No Hook," wondering where the catchy part is. And Simon's recurring gripe throughout the night? "Just because it is early 90's rap by an NBA player doesn't mean it has to sound like early 90's rap by an NBA player."

Sorry about all that... here are my 4 X's:

Garrett Haley
Jason Yeager
Joanne Borgella
Kristi Lee Cook

 
At February 21, 2008 5:13 PM, Blogger emceeb said...

I pick:

Garret and Colton for the guys, and Amy Davis and Joanne Borgella (Plus Sized Model) for the girls.

Laura picks Garret and Luke for the guys and Kristy Cook and Amy Davis for the girls.

 
At February 21, 2008 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys:

Chikezie
Luke

Girls:

Kristy
Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home