Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Results Show: Week 8, Final 8

So tonight is inspirational songs... why does that not inspire me? Johns comes out first and rocks a little Aerosmith "Dream On." Echoing Brett's comments in a prior post, I wish Idol would give the contestants at least 2 minutes to sing. Especially since they're down to 8. Ninety seconds is just too short. Boy, Syesha really takes on the heavyweights with her song choices lately. This might be a little late, but Castro's songs are all starting to sound the same. But the judges loved it. Even Kristy Lee gets some kudos. Idol does care!

Cookie throws a change-up with a so-so performance. His hair looks a little better, though. Cookie looks miffed afterward. I have no aversion to tatted-up people, but I think Carly's ink may be working against her in Idol. Let's see if Adam A's tyrannical stage dad's new practice routine pays off. I agree with Simon - Archuleta's vocals have been slipping. Brooke says a lot of people know "Thank You for Being a Friend" from James Taylor? Wrong, Whitey, a lot of people know the song from The Golden Girls! Aww, man. She should have sung the tv show theme song.

Anyway, now's the time to cast your vote on who you think will get the boot. Pick your 2 Idolettes who you think will be x'd (or in the bottom 3) this week by Wednesday at 6:30 PM ET.

Click on THIS POST's Comments and do it now!

10 Comments:

At April 08, 2008 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

syesha and carly

 
At April 08, 2008 9:44 PM, Blogger Brett said...

... you would see the biggest gift would be from me and the card attached would say...

Here's the thing Cookie: Give Back those 90 seconds of my life you wasted with your mumbling. 2nd best Cook of the night - and that's saying something.

They didn't inspire, so I must fire:

1) Syesha Mercado
2) Carly Simon

 
At April 09, 2008 4:36 AM, Blogger MJ said...

In the bottom two:

Syesha
Carly

 
At April 09, 2008 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back to the bar, Smithson.

I'll also select Syesha.

 
At April 09, 2008 7:22 AM, Blogger Old Man Kirby said...

I am voting for Syesha and K. Cook.

 
At April 09, 2008 10:31 AM, Blogger KDogg said...

TK, No comments about Paula's puppies?

NJ Dodson says:

Brook
Syesha

KL Dodson says:

Carly
Jason

It's fun being in last place...there's no pressure..now I know how the Pirates and Tampa RAYS feel every year.

 
At April 09, 2008 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goin' with:

Brooke White
Syesha Mercado

 
At April 09, 2008 5:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My picks are:

Brooke White
Syesha M

 
At April 09, 2008 5:16 PM, Blogger emceeb said...

Mark is picking Brooke White and Carly Smithson to be in the bottom 2 tonight.

I bet White would agree with this too if you asked her.

Laura is going with Syesha Mecardo and Carly Smithson.

 
At April 09, 2008 8:42 PM, Blogger Brett said...

Just to be clear... Carly Smithson. Not Simon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home