Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Results Show: Let's Get Ready to Rumble

The two-part Idol finale is here. Finally. And Idol doesn't disappoint, opening with perhaps the cheesiest gimmick evah - boxing. Really? I realize they need to kill some time, but the robes and gloves were really unnecessary.

Key the build-up montage with Jim Lampley. Did you notice in Seacrest's voice over when he mentions Idol winners going on to super stardom, the montage flashes shots of Clarkson, Daughtry and Underwood. Wha-wha-what?!? Daughtry never won Idol, Idol. Tsk, tsk.

Round 1: Cook's "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" v. Archuleta's "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" - Simon says advantage Adam.

Round 2: Cook sings some Journey-esque, positive song v. Archuleta's "In This Moment" - I think Idol is slanting this "competition" a bit.

Round 3: Cook's "The World I Know" v. Archuleta's "Imagine" - I now think that Cookie is purposely trying to lose.

Now's the big moment to cast your vote on who you think will get the W and the American Idol crown! Pick your 1 contestant (Cookie or Archuleta) who you think will WIN this week by Wednesday at 6:30 PM ET.

Anyway, click THIS POST's Comments and do it now.

Tomorrow night, we find out the winner (I predict David will win), George Michael performs "Freedom", Underwood belts out "Last Name" (nice!) and much more.

P.S. This season may have been less than spectacular, but that's a nice picture.

8 Comments:

At May 20, 2008 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David Cook, because the other David is just annoying.

-Did anyone else see the tele-prompter while they were singing? too bad brookie didn't have that
-I agree that Cookie may have purposefully been less than spectacular
-Archie went for it tonight because he needs it so his dad doesn't slap him around with his funky hat
-Simon said Cookie is genuine and Simon speaks the truth so that is enough for me

 
At May 20, 2008 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TK~

I believe we already voted a while back on who we each thought would win. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still going with Archie though. I must admit that I agree with you with regard to the competition being slighted a bit. Perhaps Cookie wants to lose to have the freedom to become a big star without the Idol hovering. Just a thought.

 
At May 20, 2008 10:15 PM, Blogger KDogg said...

Norma sticks with Cookie to win it all.

Ken votes for the guy who always said ' Can you Dig it? from a season or two ago.

 
At May 20, 2008 10:25 PM, Blogger Old Man Kirby said...

I vote for David Cook to win.

 
At May 20, 2008 10:38 PM, Blogger Brett said...

Raw deal for the Cook-man. I pick:

Adam Archuleta

 
At May 21, 2008 5:00 AM, Blogger MJ said...

I think Archuleta will win tonight. Simon pretty much decided that for everyone last night.

 
At May 21, 2008 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Archuleta. Sigh.

 
At May 21, 2008 8:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I want Cook to win, but by the way the judges praised Archuleta (not sure why), I think the votes will be fixed to have Archuleta win.

My pick: Archuleta

 

Post a Comment

<< Home